Wednesday, April 27, 2016

RunDisney's Princess 5K Recap

On February 19, I was up before the sun to kick off runDisney's Princess Half Marathon weekend with the Princess 5K.  While runDisney races have exceptionally early wake-up calls, they also have exceptional race excitement.  There's nothing like stumbling to the buses knowing that you're surrounded by others who are just as Disney crazy as you! 

I wasn't planning on running the 5K on this trip, but once my cousin signed up, I knew I would be there anyway to cheer her on, so I thought I might as well join in on the fun.  For this race, I was dressed up like Ariel from The Little Mermaid in the "Kiss the Girl" scene and Ann was Rapunzel.
(We were dressed in our princess-y best)

(A great start to Princess Weekend)

We were about to grab coffee from the concession stand when we noticed that the characters had come out.  We immediately hopped in line to take our picture with Sebastian!



Before long, it was time to say goodbye to each other and head to our corrals.  Luckily, I was in "A" corral for this race, so I was able to get up close to the start line.

(I love that Ariel was the focus princess for this race!)

Before long, it was time for the race to begin.  My foot and knee were bothering me a few days before the races, so I had no idea what kind of pace I would be running, so I decided to run whatever was comfortable for me and to stop for characters if I felt so inclined.  I was able to stop for lots of character pictures!
(Please ignore the crazy eyes, it was super early in the morning!)
(Vacation Genie was at all 3 races)

I ended up making great time with minimal knee time.  Even though the race wasn't timed, I was still pleased with my time, even with the character stops!  My family who came to cheer us on told me that I finished in the top 10 women!
(My mom and I while we waited for Ann)

Ann did great as well, and now she has the runDisney bug too!  

After the race, we were off to Disney's Hollywood Studios for the day!
(Some bling to wear around the park)



No comments:

Post a Comment