Thursday, September 18, 2014

Throwback Thursday

I was able to get 2.4 miles in before the sun came up this morning.  It's been my first morning run in a while and I couldn't believe how I could see my breath.  I know it's Rochester, famous for its lake effect snow, but it's also SEPTEMBER! I felt good through the whole run, but the taper is finally  making me twitchy.  I just want to get to marathon day and be done with my 26.2.

In honor of throwback Thursday:
Here is me finishing the MVP healthcare Rochester half, last year.  I felt great the whole race and set a (at that time) PR.  And yes, it was cold, although I probably could have done without the fleece headband.  I just hate being cold at the start of a race.  You can also tell I was feeling really good at the finish because that's COFFEE in my hand...not typically what you'd find a runner drinking after a race, but oh well.

If I can look and feel half this good after covering twice this distance on Sunday, I'll call it a win!

No comments:

Post a Comment