Sunday, October 26, 2014

Back to Back Double Digits

I can't believe that I am less that two weeks away from RunDisney's Wine and Dine Half Marathon at the Walt Disney World Resort.  I'm officially 11 days away from boarding an Orlando-bound plane and time is moving like molasses.  I just want the weekend to get here already!

I've been on call this week for work so getting runs in has required a lot of planning and some very early morning runs.  Normally, I'm not a fan of "fall back" time because of how early it gets dark.  However, a sunrise around 7:30AM is equally depressing.  I might be in the minority here, but can I have summer back now, please?

My challenge this weekend was back to back double digit running days.  At this point, I'm not especially worried about finishing 13.1 (although on race day ANYTHING can happen and you have to respect the distance). My big concern is being able to enjoy the after party at the Food and Wine Festival with minimal pain and soreness.  I'm pushing my training beyond what I would normally train for a half marathon with this in mind.  In order to mimic fatigue and soreness that I might feel in the last few miles of the race and after the race at the party and touring the parks, I decided to attempt back to backs. Back to backs can be a great training tool as long as you are conscious of how your body is responding and don't push your pace too hard.

I'm glad to say I felt great running on both days.  I think I can categorically say that I am ready for Wine and Dine.  BONUS: My running streak surpassed the 180 mark this weekend.  Today was day 181 in a row that I have run at least a mile.  I think I'm definitely going to run in Disney before and after the race so I can make it to 200!!!

The Week in Review:

Monday: 2.4 miles (9:38 pace)

Tuesday: 5.5 miles (9:02 pace)

Wednesday: 2.5 miles (9:29 pace)

Thursday: 8.3 miles (9:00 pace)

Friday: 5.4 miles (9:02 pace)

Saturday: 10.2 miles (9:05 pace)

Sunday: 10.6 miles (8:58 pace)

Weekly Total: 44.9 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment