Saturday, November 1, 2014

My First Trip to Walt Disney World

As I keep counting down the days to my next trip to the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida (5 days!), I decided to look for some pictures from prior trips.

I'm pretty sure my first trip to Disney World was in 1991.  I don't remember much of it, as I was a toddler at the time, but the pictures are classic.

 (I'm pretty sure this picture was taken on Main Street U.S.A.)

This was the legendary Disney trip that had to be cut short because the last night of our stay, I broke out in chicken pox.  Apparently, most of my pre-school got it at the same time I did, but we had no way of knowing that. I wonder how many kids got the chicken pox because of interactions like this:
(This was taken in MGM Studios)

It was also the first family experience with the Prime Time Cafe.  We would later dine there on two subsequent trips:
(I clearly do not like being told to eat my vegetables)

My parents still tell the story about driving 22 hours straight home when they discovered I had the chicken pox.  I think this is where the family vacation curse started.  On almost every family vacation, someone gets sick or injured.  We've survived poison ivy, stomachaches, and hives.  This was the only time I was the dark cloud ---but it's where it all started.




No comments:

Post a Comment